Welcome to the #1 124 Spider Forum and 124 Spider community dedicated to 124 Spider owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the 124 Spider Forum today!

Upgrading the stereo head unit

Reactions
Hi all,
I'm not currently a 124 owner but desperately want to be. I hired a 124 in gran Canaria on holiday and had the best time!
I currently drive a 2015 astra which is pretty forgettable but I do like that I've got Android auto. Currently it's not a feature on the 124 but I would like it so I plan to upgrade the stereo.
I've seen someone put a Halo9 head unit in a 124 but having not owned one I don't know if the head unit is the computer for the MPG, trip computer etc or whether that's housed/controller in the Speedo display and the audio screen is just for audio/nav.
I'm also thinking that as I plan to upgrade the head unit, should I save some cash and just get a classica rather than a lusso. I won't need the rotary knob as I'd be happy to control the head unit by its touch screen, I won't need the 7" display because the new head unit comes with a display etc.
If anyone knows anything about upgrading the stereo I'd be keen to hear about it.

Many thanks.