Welcome to Fiat 124 Spider Forum/b>, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

What made you decide to purchase a Fiat 124 Spider?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm curious as to why everyone decided to get the Fiat 124 Spider over the Mazda MX-5 or any other roadster?

For me I love the way the Fiat 124 Spider look compared to the MX-5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

i currently drive a MK3 MX5 and am looking to upgrade to a newer car and i like the way the 124 looks over the MK4.

Quite suprised no-one else has posted on this yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    i currently drive a MK3 MX5 and am looking to upgrade to a newer car and i like the way the 124 looks over the MK4.

Quite suprised no-one else has posted on this yet.
    I test drove both the MK4 Miata and 124 back to back on the same and surprisingly the both drove very different considering the share the same platform. Even without the turbo, the Miata seems to get up to speed just as fast as the 124. At the end of the day it just came down to styling and material that made me sway towards the 124.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

I was after another two seat soft top (having previously owned an '07 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.2 V6 JTS and '03 Mazda MX-5 NBII), and just happened across the 124!

The ND looks dainty to me, so another MX-5 was never an option. For the price point (in Australia) there simply isn't anything else worth considering! That it's Japanese made with Italian design flair is such a huge added bonus, I couldn't be happier! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was lucky enough to get a New 1972 Datsun 240Z when I was a 16 year old Kid. The only 2 things (other than more performance) that my Dad and little brothers wished for was a 5 speed tranny instead of the 4 speed and a convertible model that never came to pass. As we owned 6 of the little jewels over the next 40 years we did exchange the 4 speeds for 5 speeds tranny's and got the Performance gains we dreamed of, but never attained the Convertible Model although there was a kit that involved cutting the top off (OUCH!). The new Fiat 124 Spider is extremely familiar to the original 240Z's when they 1st came out. It is a beautiful new Sports car & it is a CONVERTABLE! Only thing I regret with our new to us, 2017 Spider is I got the Automatic (Never thought I would ever say that) because my wonderful wife of 40 years cannot drive a Clutch. She has been way too good to me over the last 40 to keep her from driving this neat new Sports Car. Thanks for making this forum available for us and hoping to do a few moderate performance mods to our little Convertible. Shhhh, Don't tell my Wife that last part. Looking forward to any suggestions to reasonable & moderate performance improvements. Tommy